Sat, Apr 13|
Our Lady of Dolours Parish Hall
Soap Making workshop in Dublin
In this natural handmade soap workshop you will get hands-on experience with the soap-making process, from mixing and measuring ingredients to pouring. This course is designed for beginners.
Time & Location
Apr 13, 2024, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT+1
Our Lady of Dolours Parish Hall , Our Lady of Dolours, Botanic Rd, Botanic, Dublin 9, D09 K5R6, Ireland
About the event
What will you learn in this workshop?
This workshop is for complete beginners into soap making. It is designed to provide you with the basics to start formulating soap confidently. You will learn how to make your first soap formula from scratch and you will get the chance to customise it by adding the natural additive of your choice (like pink himalayan salt, turmeric, cinnamon or coffee grounds).
This Class includes:
- Theory: Discover the story of soap & the chemistry behind it
- Hands on: Make your 1st handmade soapbars and customise them
- Free products : bring home 4 nourishing soap bars, a soap mould (4 cavities) & a free ebook !
How long will the workshop last ?
The hands-on workshop lasts about 2h30 but we will have a coffee break while soap is hardening into the mould. Therefore, the full experience will be about 3h hours long.
What to bring with you on the day of the workshop?
- Soap makers' rule N°1 - "Safety" : Wear something comfortable that you don't mind getting dirty in case some soap ingredients splash on it. Otherwise, just like when you are cooking, you can bring an apron with you to protect your clothes.
- Soap makers' rule N°2 - "Re-Use" : If you want, you can bring your own moulds to pour soap into. You can recycle any old silicon mould (like those for muffins or cupcakes), just make sure that it is still flexible to allow to easily pop out the soap bar once hard. If you don't have any, don't worry, I will provide same to you.
Who will be your host & soap maker facilitator?
Me ! Hi, I am Claudia, I am Italian and I live in Dublin.
The Beautiful Spoon is my dream project that I started to empower more and more people to naturally and sustainably clean while nourishing hair & skin.
To formulate handmade soap recipes I take inspiration from the natural oils, butter and spices of the mediterrenean cuisine.
Join me on Instagram and follow my journey into formulating a 100% natural soap range and more !
This workshop is for over 16 years old only and, due to the use of active ingredients, it is unsuitable for pregnant women.
Private parties available. Contact: Claudia@thebeautifulspoon.com for more informations
- Ticket type
Natural Soap making workshopPrice€79.00
+€1.98 service fee+€1.98 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out