Sat, Nov 04|
Rua Red, South Dublin Arts Center
Soap making workshop in Dublin
GET 20% OFF WHEN YOU BUY FOR 3 WITH CODE: "FRIENDSWELCOME20" (Instructions below) In this natural handmade soap workshop you will get hands-on experience with the soap-making process, from mixing and measuring ingredients to pouring. This course is designed for beginners.
Time & Location
Nov 04, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT
Rua Red, South Dublin Arts Center, Blessington Rd, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Co. Dublin, D24 KV8N, Ireland
About the event
What will you learn in this workshop?
This workshop is for complete beginners into soap making. It is designed to provide you with the basics to start formulating soap confidently. You will learn how to make your first soap formula from scratch and you will get the chance to customise it by adding the natural additive of your choice (like pink himalayan salt, turmeric, cinnamon or coffee grounds).
- Theory: Discover the story of soap & introduction to the chemistry behind it
- Practice: Basics of soap formulation
- Hands on: Make your 1st handmade soapbars and customise them
How long will the workshop last ?
The hands-on workshop lasts about 3h but we will have a coffee break while soap is hardening into the mould. Therefore, the full experience will be about 3h30 hours long.
What to bring with you on the day of the workshop?
- Soap makers' rule N°1 - "Safety" : Bring a face mask, you will need it to safely manage lye powder.
- Soap makers' rule N°2 - "Re-Use" : If you want, you can bring your own moulds to pour soap into. You can recycle any old silicon mould (like those for muffins or cupcakes), just make sure that it is still flexible to allow to easily pop out the soap bar once it has harden. If you don't have any, don't worry, I will provide same to you.
Who will be your host & soap maker facilitator?
Me ! Hi, I am Claudia, I am Italian and I live in Dublin.
I created "the beautiful spoon" to empower you to naturally clean and nourish your skin & hair the same way you would do for your body with food. I take inspiration from the natural oils, butter and spices i find in my kitchen to formulate handmade soap recipes. Join me on Instagram to follow my journey into formulating a 100% natural soap range.
Over 16 years only, unsuitable for pregnant women.
Private parties available. Contact: Claudia@thebeautifulspoon.com for more informations
How to use the coupon
Step 1: Add 3 tikets to cart
Step 2: put FRIENDSWELCOME20 into the coupon box
Step 3: a 20% discount will automatically apply to the sub-total
TICKET€69.00+€1.73 service fee